Thursday, July 21, 2016

City Trousers by The Avid Seamstress

The Avid Seamstress patterns follow simple lines and classic styling for really wearable wardrobe builders. With a cute split hem and an easy to insert back zip (no fly).  You can make the City trousers up really quickly. I love the fact that they sit quite high at the natural waist on me. This means that I can tuck in a top or even wear a slightly cropped top with out baring too much flesh. I also roped my mum in to make a pair, which she ended up loving!!

The Avid Seamstress The City Trousers

Both my mother and I made our City Trousers in patterned cotton sateen. I opted for the Rosa sateen available in navy or white and now back in stock on the website. I love the giant roses on this stretch cotton fabric, they are so dramatic yet easy to wear.



Mum used the Portia sateen. When I suggested it she was a little unsure but now she has made them up and she loves them, I can see why they look really great on her. She's already got her second pair underway.




You can order the City trousers pattern here.

Some of my other favourite fabric ideas for this pattern.

cotton sateen dress fabric

Laura Spot Cotton Stretch - Red

Stretch Denim Stars - Indigo

Happy sewing xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment