Thursday, April 7, 2016

What is Your Floral?

I love it when all of the summer floral fabrics start to arrive. I know summer's just around the corner and the stretch cotton sateens are always some of my favorites. The bold colours of the prints and the versatility of the the fabric make this perfect for spring and summer sewing. Think fitted capri trousers in bright colours paired with a simple T shirt. Fit and flare dresses in large florals, ideal for parties, weddings and BBQs. Why not make a simple pencil or A-line skirt to wear with a tank top and sandals once the weather really warms up? All only £12 per metre.


Rosa has a large rose floral design on a navy or white background. Ideal as a Day dress.





Portia features an abstract design and is screaming to be made into a pair of Ultimate trousers!



Deena features more florals on a navy background, I would use this for a pair of culottes like the Mimosa culottes.



Tulippe has large scale tulips on a black or white background. Ideal for a Peony dress.




Happy sewing xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love the Rosa fabric in navy, it's divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my workbook would quickly be bursting at the seams! You have so many gorgeous patterns, and the range of glorious fabrics is just overwhelming. My first combination would be the Sew Over It Joan dress, in prestige crepe in plum. I think it would be lovely. The tracing paper would be ideal to trace the pattern and then make the necessary alterations for a really good fit, without damaging the original pattern. What a lovely competition.

    ReplyDelete