Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Check out my new Atelier Brunette makes!

We're absolutely delighted here at Fabric Godmother as we've received our latest delivery of exquisite Atelier Brunette fabrics. They're popular and stylish,  so much so that I just had to sew a couple of cheeky spring tops. I hope you like them!

Below we have the Bexley blouse pattern made with Twist cotton in dark blue. This cotton is ideal for a blouse like this, lightweight it is super comfy to wear and I am sure I will get lots of use out of it. The pattern is really sweet, it is a free In the folds pattern with this months special birthday issue of Love Sewing magazine. I love the gathered yoke and I hope to make more but think I will shorten the sleeves to capped sleeves and try a straight hemmed version next time.

I used the Halo viscose to make one of my everyday patterns the Scout Tee from Grainline Studio. This viscose is AMAZING it has a slightly thicker more open weave than many other viscose fabrics I have seen. The slightly heavier weight means it would be perfect for a pair of casual trousers as well, in fact I have already washed some of the Halo fabric to make a pair of Alexandria trousers.



Both of these tops feature a Bias binding neckband, if you want to learn how to sew the perfect bias neckband and make your own lovely Scout Tee, why not join our Class with Zoe Edwards on the 8th May we still have a couple of places left. Full details here. http://www.fabricgodmother.co.uk/learn-to-sew-scout-tee-8th-may-2016/



Unfortunately Atelier Brunette have sold out of the Halo in navy, but we've just had the Halo in black delivered which would make a fantastic version of Scout (I kind of wish I had seen this colour first!)


Cosmic is a beautiful subtle print  in two colour ways, Chestnut viscose and... 


Blossom is a gorgeous viscose, the same weight as the Halo in three colourways, Coral..


Atelier brunette have also sent us Sparkle cotton in midnight blue with a tiny twin dot motif which would be prefect for a Bexley or a I am thinking it would make a really sweet Archer..


Happy Sewing! xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment