Wednesday, January 13, 2016

TOO COOL FOR SKOOL KITTED FABRICS

When the little snowflake logo starts to appear on my weather forecast app I know it is time to layer up and snuggle down in a cosy cardi.


I am not a knitter (but it is on my things to achieve in 2016 list). So the prospect of me clacking those needles and knitting up anything in time for this winter, let alone in time for this cold weekend we have coming up. But there is a way to cheat yourself to a home knitted cosy cardi!


Our knitted New Skool wool is made from 90% wool and comes in 2 classic colour combos. Navy and grey and Claret and grey. I used a kimono pattern that came with an old Issue of Love Sewing as the basis for my Cosy Cardi. But you could easily trace round a favourite cardigan or jumper to make your own pattern. I made mine with an overlocker, but you could just as easily use a sewing machine with a shallow zig zag or stretch stitch. Just make sure you finish those seam allowances otherwise your Cardi will start to unravel before you have even got Netflix loaded.


New Skool Wool Claret £15

New Skool Wool Navy £15


Happy sewing xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment