Thursday, January 29, 2015

BRETON TOP

I'm sat here drinking a (large) glass of Chablis dreaming about a sunny holiday on the South Coast of France. In reality I will wake up tomorrow to the chance of snow (and maybe a headache) on the south cost of England. Oh well at least I can keep my French mood going finishing my new Breton top. I am making Tilly and the Buttons Coco pattern with a black and white striped jersey, I will post about this at a later date when I have finished it and taken photos.

Before I started I took a peek at some of the other Breton tops, or stripey T shirts that sewing bloggers had been making. There are loads of them, as you would expect Tilly does it in a expert fashion, but I also love Jane's nautical style and Winnie's many versions. Zoe also has made a great version of her Delores pattern in a red and white stripe.

I have gathered some of them together in a Pinterest board for you to have a look at...



Feeling inspired? If so here are my top fabric and patterns picks....
Tilly and the buttons - Coco
Sailor slub cotton jersey
Stripe cotton jersey 
Bobbie stripe jersey
Sewaholic - Refrew
Happy sewing xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love the Renfrew version. Must make Breton top this year as my Biden one has had it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's any consolation it is snowing here in the South of France this morning!

    ReplyDelete